Live Support

Forums » Shop Talk - Open to the Public

Pinterest Tips & Tricks

• 187 posts
    May 25, 2016 3:13 PM EDT

Share your Pinterest tips and tricks for creating outstanding Pins and Boards!

• 187 posts
    May 25, 2016 3:14 PM EDT

Thanks to Donna - Carolinabluelady for the suggestion!!!!

• 187 posts
    May 25, 2016 3:18 PM EDT

Three ways to make better Pins

Pins are a little like people you'd meet at a party. The most engaging ones tell a great story, make people laugh or add to the conversation.

It’s the same with Pins: the most popular ones have a winning combination of style and substance. Pinterest is a visual platform, so of course you want your Pins to look great—but you also want to pay attention to the details that draw people in, like compelling descriptions, relevant links and useful Rich Pin details.

• 67 posts
    June 5, 2016 11:30 AM EDT

Pinterest Planning Calendar

Some good tips on when to pin certain items such as holidays, seasonal, special events and travel.  And breaking it down even further with fashion, decor and foods.

Remember that people using pins are already looking for ideas and special items to purchase.  Pinterest tips suggest that "70% of Pinners take action on Pins and Pinners plan for holidays at least 60 days out - 21% higher than general population."  

• June 7, 2016 11:58 AM EDT

useful Rich Pin details.

------------

care to expand on this? I am curious to what and how to do these. 

• 67 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:10 PM EDT

You can click on the links in the posts above.  There are so many good ideas and suggestions, but here is the link about how to make 'rich' pins depending on what your subject is about.  https://business.pinterest.com/en/rich-pins?utm_medium=pinterest_blog_referral&utm_source=pinterest_blog&utm_campaign=partner_3ways

There is help for App Pins, Recipe Pins, Movie Pins, Product Pins, Traveler Pins and Reading Pins.  While most of us are interested in the Product Pins, I have read that a variety of interesting tidbits should be included on your boards i.e. if you have a board for Christmas Decorations, include a few 'Christmas' recipes, places to spend Christmas at, Christmas traditions etc etc.  

• 67 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:15 PM EDT

I will say that when you do pin, make sure you are going to the source and not to another pin board.  I have clicked on something that I was interested in and was taken on a wild goose chase.  By the time I have clicked 4 or 5 places, I forget what I was looking for.

• 67 posts
    July 12, 2017 11:02 PM EDT

Found another helpful article about what to avoid doing on Pinterest and tips to help you succeed. 

http://integratedmarketingassociation.org/blog/how-to-avoid-making-the-14-biggest-mistakes-on-pinterest-part-1/

• August 14, 2017 12:34 AM EDT

ummm...how come the vintage village pinterest board only has a few followers and very few of our sellers even post on it?

Am I misssing something?

• 187 posts
    August 14, 2017 12:43 PM EDT

We have over 2,400 followers.

Instead of co-pinners, members have their OWN TVV Boards and add what they want. 

This post was edited by Lora - CEO at August 15, 2017 11:54 AM EDT
  • August 14, 2017 11:41 PM EDT

Ok gotcha!  :)  

Going to make my very OWN TVV pinterest board ;)

Cheers!

• 187 posts
    August 15, 2017 11:54 AM EDT

It just makes it easier and we reach more people I think.

• September 6, 2017 1:28 AM EDT

Ok...I am hooked on Pinterest.  At first I just didn't,  "get it"...ohhh boy,  the time I spend on Pinterest now :)  LOLOLOL

• 67 posts
    September 6, 2017 7:07 PM EDT

you can also put the link to your pinterest on your profile page under my info section.  it is a lot of fun

• September 7, 2017 12:32 AM EDT

I will post the link to my pinterest :)  Thank you.

I have a question...where are all my clothing pins from the VV going?  

I only see 19 pins on the, "Clothes" board and I cannot figure out where my clothes pins are ending up...

I must be doing something wrong,  but I don't know what it is.

This post was edited by Antique Treasure Box at September 7, 2017 12:37 AM EDT
    • 67 posts
    September 7, 2017 9:24 AM EDT

You are putting pins on your boards and then as you get followers - they can see them.  People can share pins back to their boards if they want.  Lora pins from here at The Vintage Village onto her boards.  I believe she pins to multiple boards and not to just one board.   I pin from here onto my "Shop the Vintage Village" board.  I think some others pin also from this site, too.  People don't pin everything posted here to their boards.

If you look at my pinterest, you will see that I have boards for my interests which include my items for sale.  I also have a board called "Shop the Vintage Village."  This is where I pin everyones items from this site.  (I'm just posting this for an example) - https://www.pinterest.com/carolinablulady/boards/  - I have posted 1001 items from The Vintage Village onto this board.  While I post just about everything, I may miss some from time to time.

I do not post Vintage Village items to any of my other boards - just the board mentioned above.  I hardly ever post one of MY classifieds from the Vintage Village onto my vintage Village board, but some members might do that.  

If you do make a board for pinning items from The Vintage Village, we just ask that you pin from the Vintage Village site so that when people click on it, they will be taken back to our site here.  

I know that this can be very confusing.  

Just know that there is no 1 right way to do this.  I will be more than happy to help you with any other questions you might have on this.

• September 7, 2017 11:15 PM EDT

I think I did not explain myself very well.

When I pin a clothing item to The Vintage Village Pinterest Board that was created here on TVV,  by the admins, where do my pins end up?

It did not go on this board https://www.pinterest.com/VintageVillage/clothes/

It would make sense that pins categorized as,  "clothes" would end up being pinned to the' "clothes" board...no?

I don't evenknow WHERE my pins are ending up when I post them to TVV LOLOLOL

How do I make sure that my clothing pins end up on the' 'clothes" board of TVV?

...time for more tea :)

• 67 posts
    September 8, 2017 8:34 AM EDT

When you list a classified here on TVV, it does not go onto Lora's TVV pinterest board automatically.  It doesn't go anywhere automatically - no different than listing on etsy, ebay or any other selling site.  

You have to pin them to your boards.  The TVV board is not a shared board - only Lora pins items to the TVV board that she set up.  She pins items from the TVV classifieds here.  She will also pin TVV items to some of her other boards.  If we shared TVV pinterest board from her pinterest, then we all would be sharing the same board and sometimes other things would get posted on it or the link on the pin would go to another site instead of TVV.  It was decided that we would each do our own TVV board (if you want to).

The only social media site that is a group site that everyone can post on is the Facebook group for TVV.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/thevintagevillage2/

Lora does have another TVV facebook page that only she (& other admins) posts items from TVV on.  Again, that is for TVV site only - https://www.facebook.com/TheVintageVillage/

Does this help?  I know I can get pretty wordy trying to explain things - lol  

• September 10, 2017 12:59 AM EDT

Yes this helps.  

Thank you :)  

For some reason,  I thought that TVV boards were for all of us to post on like we do on RL...a group board or whatever its called.  I do not have FB and will never have FB so I will stick to my boards and plug along LOL

I understand now what is going on :)

Cheers!

• 187 posts
    September 12, 2017 6:17 PM EDT

The issue we had was that people, no matter how many times and different ways I would explain it, would ultimately not pin items from TVV.

The goal for the boards are to get traffic to our website.

People were adding the links to their venue, which did us no good. I spent way to much time having to delete pins when I could have been promoting the site, so I am the only one who posts to our official page. 

If you create your very own board, and link to TVV, that just expands our reach because my followers might not be yours and vice versa. By having multiple boards, we can each pick the the pins and other shops of our own choosing.

Thanks Donna for explaining! I was away on vacation!!!!!!!